PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Supervise the performance of teams and manage their performance. according to set company standards and procedures.
- Planning and Supervision
- Assign, instruct and lead the right people to the right tasks.
- Effective plan, supervise and organise tasks of work teams to achieve objectives timeously on a daily basis.
- Supervise the performance of teams and manage their performance. according to set company standards and procedures.
- Managing of discipline according to company standards and procedures.
- Provide mentorship to team members on a regular basis with regards to technical skills transfer and working together in a team.
- Mobilize and demobilize people, equipment and material on job start up and on job completion.
- Prepare estimates for labour and materials in consultation with Workshop Manager and/or Estimator
- Demonstrate good leadership, people utilization.
- Foster an environment where employees are free to communicate, impacting creativity and innovation.
- Ensure administration such as timesheets or reports are accurately completed and submitted on time to payroll.
- Ensure completion of various jobs within control on time.
- Report any deviation from forecast timeously.
- Report any client related difficulties to Project Manager.
- Continuous and consistent reporting of job status and progress.
- Manage VO’s – do not perform work unless prior authorization is received.
- Conduct job feedback meetings to eliminate repeats of sub-standard performance.
- Productivity and Quality
- Manage labour utilization efficiently.
- Short-time management.
- Control timekeeping and attendance.
- Control effective use of materials and tools.
- Complete jobs without non-conformances and on time.
- Execute jobs within budgeted costs and time allocation.
- Determine shift requirements to ensure adequate supervision on projects.
- Ensure correct skills are applied to prevent reworks.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12, National Trade Certificate in Boilermaking.
- Minimum 6 years on the job experience in a fabrication environment.
- Minimum 3 experience in supervisory capacity.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
Closing Date: 12 October 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: