Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Wellness Manager. The successful incumbent will monitor, review and manage a holistic employee health and wellness strategy in line with the relevant Debmarine Namibia strategic plan, policies and procedures to reduce the impact of physical, psychological and occupational diseases in the organisation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Develops and implements the company’s wellness strategy and strategic wellness programmes, which contributes directly to achieving the company’s strategic business and overall goals regarding employee wellness.
- Manages and promotes wellness strategic processes to provide holistic wellness programmes to the workforce.
- Executes and manages projects geared towards the improvement of overall employee wellness and wellness initiatives
- Manages all wellness related contracts and service level agreements as well as recruitment of registered and qualified service providers for the wellness programmes.
- Manages lifestyle decease programmes as preventative and curative approach and monitor trends.
- Manages Medical Surveillance processes for Shorebased and Executive employees
- Provides recommendations and support for medical disability referrals.
- Manage pre-employment psychological assessments to complement the Company recruitment processes
- Provides recommendations and support for medical disability cases.
- Develops and implements the Company’s HIV/AIDS strategic programmes, which contributes directly to achieving the Company’s strategic business and overall corporate goals.
- Develops and implements the Company’s substance use management programmes
- Identifies and provides proper support systems and programs for family members operating in troubled communities as an extension of the workplace wellness programme.
- Manages and liaises with clinical disease management programmes and medical aid fund, medical doctors, pharmacies to ensure that quality and efficient services are provided to the members
- Provides psychosocial therapy and recommend for further assessment, rehabilitation and other relevant interventions
- Investigates, compiles and manages research on health-related areas and impact of illness on the Company and its employees.
- Recommends and manages awareness of wellness and health campaigns.
- Oversees statistics of distribution of Informational, Education and Communication (IEC) material as a monitoring function to ensure factual and relevant information.
- Liaises with relevant committees and stakeholders to ensure sharing of updated and reliable IEC material
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Leading and supervising
- Psychotherapeutic and Coaching skills
- Knowledge of health and safety act, and relevant health acts
- Knowledge of global HIV/Aids trends
- Knowledge of Namibian Labour Law
- Planning and organising
- Applying expertise and technology
- Presenting and communication information
- Relating and networking
- Working with people
- Leading and supervising
- Project Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with HIV/AIDS certificate and a solid health knowledge
- Relevant leadership programmes will be an added advantage
- 6 to 8 years’ experience of which 3 years should be on a supervisory/management level
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to:
In the subject line please indicate position applying for.
Closing Date: 01 July 2022
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.