PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To safely and accurately execute welding procedures of different types of metals to the highest level of workmanship and quality in order to satisfy the needs and requirements of our company.
- Accurately plan and organize task execution in terms of standard operating procedures
- Accurately plan and organize task execution in terms of standard operating procedures and in accordance with drawing specification, company specifications and supervisors’ instructions.
- Ensure correct weld preparation as per drawing and weld procedure specification is done.
- Understand and Interpret Codes and Standards.
- Tacking Material for Welding.
- Adjusts amperage for the welding position and plate thickness.
- Cleans tack welds and deposits root run.
- Removes tack welds as welding progresses, cleans root run and examines for cracking or wagon tracks.
- Re-adjusts amperage for larger diameter electrodes.
- Deposits filler run, concentrating on metal and slag control to ensure a defect free weld with good side wall fusion
- Checks whether there is any slag entrapped in the weld.
- Deposits sealing run, cleans final weld of all spatter and flux and checks for defects
- Inspect welds for accuracy.
- Make sure all care is taken in prevention of distortion during welding.
- Understanding radius corners weld intersections. (M&O Specific)
- Basic cutting and perform all grinding.
- Basic flange fitting and alignment.
- Oxy acetylene cutting
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 10 and proof of Competency as Coded Welder.
- 3 years’ relevant experience
Cotructor Welder @ kraatz marine wocksh Walvisbay
I’m here applying for the welding position, at kraatz marine walvis bay