Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Vessel Master. The incumbent’s primary role will be to efficiently and safely manage the vessel on-board activities to achieve the objectives of the company and ensure compliance with all company policies/ standards and legal requirements.
The incumbent will be deployed on a 28 day on 28 day off work schedule and will be required to undertake the following activities:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Taking command and management of the vessel and personnel.
- Navigation and vessel deployment for operations
- Ensures that the vessel is fully equipped at all times.
- Responsible for onboard training and safety.
Marine and Mining Operations
- Adheres to safety and operational procedures, standards and Company requirements.
- Checks and maintains Company documentation as required by the relevant Authorities and policies.
- Optimises the effectiveness of the vessel to maximize productivity and time utilisation by managing onboard business processes.
- Monitors adherence onboard to relevant legislation and systems including the international Safety Management Code, ISO 45001, Environmental Management Systems, and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Monitors the application of the relevant rules and regulations pertaining to the security and confidential material.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in Marine Mining or marine offshore diamond sampling operations is essential
- Should have a high level of management and team leadership skills.
- Knowledge and application of planning, organising and control.
- Specialist in resource utilisation and availability.
- Good interpersonal relations and people management.
- Should be a good communicator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid STCW 95 (Class 1) Masters Foreign Going / Mining endorsed certificate of competency.
- A minimum of 5 years as a Master holding the above-mentioned certificate.
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to:
In the subject line please indicate position applying for.
For queries, please contact Bianca Timbo on Tel: +264 61 297 8000.
Closing Date: 01 July 2022
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.