MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To translate speeches and/or official documents from English to Mandarin and vice versa and provide administration support to the Board.
Key Performance Areas:
- Execute tasks relevant to internal and external communications as directed.
- Attend to public relations projects as needed or required.
- Analyse words expressed through verbal/oral communication in one language and interpret them using another language.
- Interpret messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages by listening to the speaker’s statements to determine meanings and to prepare interpretation.
- Maintain message content, context and meaning as much as possible.
- Assimilate the speaker’s words quickly, including jargon and acronyms.
- Prepare paperwork and agenda before meetings or speeches.
- Adhere to the professional code of ethics to ensure confidentiality and impartiality.
- Act as a liaison between SU and CGN/URC on all matters pertaining to board meetings.
- Translate Board Meeting packs for the Board Chairman and concerned Board members.
- Provide assistance with board preparation, and post board meeting activities.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12.
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics or Bachelor degree in Communication or related field.
- 5 years’ experience as an Interpreter/Translator of English and Mandarin.
- Experience in board secretarial duties and administration.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
Closing date: 23 January 2023
Leave A Comment