As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes a meaningful contribution to the overall success of the Company.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Trainee Able Seafarer: Engine
The Trainee will participate in an accredited programme of intensive training that is designed to accelerate the attainment of Able Seafarer Engine certification. The training is guided by an accredited Training Record Book to ensure that the Trainee follows a structured programme to obtain the Able Seafarer Engine Certificate of Competency. During periods ashore, the Trainee will complete statutory ancillary safety training and for the duration of the sea-going training he/she may be required to work more than the normal voyage of 35 days.
JOB DEVELOPMENT AREAS:
• Carrying out rounds of machinery spaces at sea and in port, to detect fire, flooding and unauthorised personnel. Using hand tools to assist with the vessel’s repairs and maintenance.
• Operating lifting gear in Engineroom during repairs. Assisting in the rigging of heavy machinery.
• Keeping the Engineroom clean by washing down bulkheads, bilges and tank tops.
• Carrying out continuous housekeeping process and operating equipment in emergency situations.
• Checking operating parameters of engine room machinery e.g. temperatures, oil levels while on watch and reports abnormality to Watch keeping engineer.
• Assisting the watch keeping engineer in his duties during a watch by performing tasks as instructed.
• Assisting in the transfer of Fuel and Lub Oil as directed by the Engineman or 2nd Engineer.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
The successful candidate should have good communication and interpersonal skills, and should be able to work in a team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Grade 12 with at least an E-symbol in Mathematics, Physical Science and English.
• Applicants who are in possession of a Class 6 Engineering Officer Certificate of Competency (NAMFI) are encouraged to apply.
• Sea going experience will be an advantage.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries, please contact Hilde Angula on Tel: +264 61 2978631
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
CLOSING DATE: 24 JUNE 2022
Leave A Comment