The primary function of this position is to support the Online Grants Management System.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Training users
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- B. Degree (NQF Level 7) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Information Technology.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Advanced computer skills with proficient working experience of the MS Office package.
- Must be highly passionate, committed, ethical and highly efficient and reliable.
- Sound interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- High level of integrity, numerical and a meticulous eye for detail.
- Ability to work individually, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent conflict resolution, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Must be a critical thinker with strong leadership capabilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a temporary position with an employment agreement.
- NCRST is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, with certified supporting documents can be submitted as follows:
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
– Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no documents will be returned.
– Previously disadvantaged candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.