The primary function of this position is to provide support in the execution of various laboratory tests to detect, analyze and monitor Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Biosafety Act, No.7 of 2006, and promote research in biotechnology.
- Participate in screening GMO permit applications.
- Conduct GMO testing and analysis.
- Maintain Laboratory hygiene and safety.
- Perform Laboratory Administration
- Direct calls and respond to enquiries in a polite and professional manner
- Follow-up on messages to ensure that the messages has been attended to.
- Welcome and attend to stakeholders in a professional manner and identify their needs.
- Provide stakeholders with information pertaining to the NCRST as needed.
- Coordinate and update office calendar for internal and external events
- Organize and prioritize activities to optimize workflow
- Receive and handle office correspondence.
- Provide unlimited administrative support to the Biotechnology division.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- A Graduate towards a Science Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Food Technology of Food Science, Biology, Molecular Biology or Microbiology.
- At least Two (2) years relevant working experience in laboratory Standard Operating Procedures, Diagnostic Testing and Laboratory Safety Procedures.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Knowledge of Biosafety Act, 2006, (Act no. 7, 2006) will be an added advantage.
- Must be well conversant in English with professional telephone etiquette and able to take initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner.
- Intermediate computer literate Skills (MS office package)
- Good written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administrative, planning and organizing ability.
- Attentive to details
- Sound reasoning skills and the ability to resolve complex problems.
- Must be assertive.
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a temporary position with an employment agreement.
- NCRST is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, with certified supporting documents can be submitted as follows:
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
– Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no documents will be returned.
– Previously disadvantaged candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an interesting job. I am a thirst year microbiology student at the university of Namibia. I surely hope to Be part of the team some days