MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide technical support and coordinate Mining Contractors to ensure SSHER, production and quality standards and targets are achieved.
Key Performance Areas:
- Monitor, advise and implement best and most effective practices for quality assurance, safety and efficiency of procedures as provided for in the work area.
- Analyze mining processes (Drill & Blast and Load & Haul) for contractors and identify areas of production improvement.
- Monitor road conditions and dust generation after application of dust binder product.
- Clarify any queries pertaining to the execution of work to the respective stakeholders.
- Record and track blasting data, and prepare reports on blasting quality.
- Oversee the emulsion manufacturing processes and measure field explosive quality parameters.
- Monitor blast holes charging compliance.
- Identify contractor operations’ critical risk areas and hazards.
Requirements and experience:
- B. Sc./B Tech Degree in Mining Engineering.
- 2 years working experience in an open pit mining environment.
- Contract management experience is an added advantage.
- Open pit basting certificate is an added advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
Closing date: January 03, 2023