PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the overall electrical upkeep and maintenance of all Plant Room and Processing equipment of the Process Plant.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintenance Technician – Electrician
- Electrical and electronic maintenance of all relevant equipment.
- Fault-finding and repairs of equipment to manufacturer`s specifications and / or supplier recommendations.
- Provision of standby service on a 24 hours, seven days a week basis
- Compilation, acquisition, maintenance and updating of electrical drawings.
- Defining and updating of maintenance and documentation systems and standards, as well as equipment standard
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as given by the Line Management.
Planning, supervision and training of technical maintenance staff
- Co-ordinate the efficient execution of all planned maintenance tasks.
- Hand-out and monitor job cards to artisans and assistants and provide feedback to Manager on progress made.
- Provide continuous appropriate in-house on-the-job training to artisans and assistants
- Attend to minor grievances and maintain required discipline.
- Supervise leave / sick leave / absenteeism of subordinate staff.
- Maintain Housekeeping Standards in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure accurate timekeeping and productivity, manage overtime worked by subordinate staff.
- Ensure on-time completion and re-submission of job cards.
- Monitor machine up time at all times by supervising actual time spent on jobs
- Maintain critical spares and parts by means of proper storage, stock take, ordering, receiving, issuing of same to facilitate availability of plant and production efficiencies.
- Assist with monthly spares stock take.
Initiate and maintain routine preventative maintenance tasks and actions
- In conjunction with Manager, do regular risk analysis.
- Perform planned maintenance as per requirements determined via Service Manager System
- Ensure achievement of efficiencies as identified from time to time.
Diagnose, maintain and repair faulty equipment cost effectively on premises
- Perform correct fault finding. Apply warranty requirements and company rules when repairing equipment
- Apply warranty requirements and company rules when repairing equipment
- Carry out repairs according to required specifications / standard processes.
- Test equipment before handover. Reporting to Line Management as required.
- Execute projects / tasks on an ad hoc basis as needed.
Standby / callouts
- Attend to afterhours callouts in efficient and time-productive manner.
- Reporting and feedback as required.
- Maintain administrative records.
Adherence to Health & Safety requirements by artisans and assistants
- Adhere to Health & Safety and Environmental Policies as determined by law and the Company.
- Investigate incidents / accidents and report to Maintenance Manager.
- Grade 12 (NQF 4).
- Trade tested Electrician with a minimum N3 qualification
- Minimum of 5 (five) years’ working experience in an industrial / factory manufacturing environment involving electrical fault-finding and maintenance.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, overtime and after hours standby including weekends and Public Holidays when required
- Namibian citizen.
- Valid driver`s license (Code BE) and own reliable transport
Candidates who qualify for above position, should send a short CV to the HR department.
Closing Date: 27 January 2022
The company offers a competitive salary and market related employee benefits.