Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager: Maintenance
- Maintenance Technician will be responsible for assisting in the training of staff including apprentices and support workers in all aspects of their duties and responsibilities and to pass on “site knowledge” and skills.
- Fit and assemble structural frameworks as per the blueprint specification including but not limited to materials, hand tools, welding equipment etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, overhaul and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Fit and assembling parts and sub-assemblies, manufacturing repairing and inspection of machinery and equipment, require occasional hot work such as welding.
- Responsible for planned preventative (proactive) maintenance routines, inspections and commissioning tests in accordance with legislative, regulatory and Company specific policies and procedures.
- To liaise with the Manager Maintenance regarding plant and/or equipment failures and to request the supply of goods and/or services as necessary to ensure rectification of the fault.
- Accurate fault detection on the different machinery and equipment on site
- Repair a variety of electrical machinery and equipment
- Implement and record preventative maintenance schedule
- Plan, execute and record maintenance on schedule.
- Machinery and metal part dismantling, fitting and assembling in line with specifications.
- Employee is required to perform housekeeping duties as per Health and Safety regulations
- Employee will perform fumigation duties as and when require
- Technical Trade or National Training Certificate
- 4 – 5 years ‘experience.
- Code B Namibian driver’s license.
- Be prepared to work odd hours and overtime when required.
- Be prepared to work shifts.
- Computer Literacy will be an advantage.
Please mail application letter, CV and certified copies of documents to
Closing Date: 22 February 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No documents will be returned.