To plan, design and supervise new electrical installation projects, maintain, modify and upgrade existing electrical installations. Project budget estimates, tender preparation and evaluation.
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for supervision, planning and budgeting of work/job activities carried out by Electrical Maintenance Section.
- Responsible for investigations, preliminary designs and cost calculations for in house projects carried out by Electrical Maintenance Section.
- Responsible for writing of tender documents, calling for tenders and supervise work done by tenderers (contractors).
- Responsible for designs on modifications and upgrades for the existing electrical equipment and installations.
- Attend site inspections/meetings on capital projects done by consultants for quality checks and advise.
- Liaise with other departments, sections and companies during construction period of the projects.
- Responsible for monitoring water demand and flow rates to different reservoirs and pump stations.
Skills, Experience & Education
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering in heavy current..
- A minimum period of five (5) years job related experience
- Registration as a Technician with the Engineering Council of Namibia. Code B/BE driver’s license.