MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide control & instrumentation maintenance services, including installation and commissioning of plant production equipment to ensure maximum availability.
Key Performance Areas:
- Perform inspections, maintenance, diagnosis, fault finding, repairs and installation of instrumentation equipment.
- Monitor, benchmark and evaluate technology in order to ensure continuous improvements.
- Implement new equipment and systems, taking cognizance of specifications.
- Maintain and optimise performance of instrumentation equipment by monitoring the effectiveness and making corrective recommendations.
- Monitor, install, service and recondition a variety of equipment, instruments and control systems.
- Coordinate and ensure technical availability to achieve optimal efficiencies on control gear / instrumentation, associated defined equipment and systems, and ensure availability of critical spares for all process control equipment.
- Maintain all required documentation by making use of the appropriate software.
- Maintain a software backup of the control system and all relevant equipment requiring software downloads in the event of failure.
- Carry out defined and necessary checks on all instrumentation equipment.
- Identify, plan and execute C&I projects in line with Swakop Uranium (SU) accepted project management principles to enhance, improve and optimise operations.
- Provide an administrative service to the designated section, taking cognizance of information availability and accuracy requirements.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12
- National Technical Diploma (N6) or an equivalent qualification with a National Vocational Trade Certificate Level 3 in Instrumentation/Electrical light current.
- Minimum 3 years post apprenticeship experience in an engineering environment.
- Advance Experience on PLC software, hardware configurations and SCADA system.
- Valid Code C Driver’s License.
Closing date: December 22, 2022