Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Technical Superintendent. The primary role of this position will be to safely maintain the mining system on-board the vessel, to ensure maximum utilisation of the tool. Provide effective engineering and technical support for all mining system related services. The successful candidate will be required to spend a minimum of 28 days at sea followed by a maximum of 28 days ashore.
IN YOUR ROLE AS TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
• Interprets, develops and implements operational objectives and action plans to achieve the mining and business strategy.
• Reviews progressive production output information and statistics.
• Checks with Maintenance to reach utilisation target, enough spares, preventative maintenance to ensure mining system achieves the targeted availability standard.
• Reviews and regulates the commitment of team members within the mining areas.
• Initiates and manages development of improved technical standards and systems to build effective operational support for achievement of internal production targets.
• Develops, implements and reviews systems to improve planned maintenance, work quality and standards.
• Conducts inspections and audits to ensure compliance to company and legal standards.
• Controls the allocation of work to ensure the achievement of results according to mining and production objectives.
• Implement the Safety and Risk Management plan according to organizational requirements.
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
• Computer applications – MS Office, SAP and SCADA Systems
• High level of technical knowledge in area of specialty
• Fault finding and diagnostic skills
• SHES Management
• Good inter-personal skills
• Ability to interact as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and with external consultants, contractors and internal clients
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
• N6 or National Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or A&I
• Six years practical experience in mechanical, electronic, electrical and hydraulic systems
• Experience in a marine environment will be an added advantage
Interested applicants should send comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org In subject line please indicate position applying for. For queries, please contact Daniel Ockhuizen on Tel: Bianca Timbo on Tel: +264 61 2978000 Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act
Women are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
No personal documents will be returned.
CLOSING DATE: 9 SEPTEMBER 2022