Location: Windhoek, NA
Company: Namibia Dairies (Pty)Ltd
Job Grade: B4
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To prepare, operate and maintain the A3 Flex UHT filling equipment (Helix, Cardboard Packer and Cap Applicator), Tetra Pak TR28 filling equipment, Filmatic filling equipment, including the Ozonator, as well as UHT Processing equipment by performing fault finding activities, applying preventative measures and performing proper record keeping, to ensure that the equipment functions fully in order to achieve daily production plans, reducing filler waste and continuously improving team and filler performance; in adherence to Food Safety Standards, FIFO and Namibia Dairies Quality standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Grade 12 certificate,
- Basic Electrical Certificate
- 5 Years’ experience in a food production environment
- Technical experience / FMCG Packaging environment knowledge
- Recognized National Trade Certificate Electrical or Millwright certificate
- Check that CIP and COP are done on the machine according to operating manual.
- Check plant sterility at start up and maintain during the processing stage.
- Start-up of Helix, fill hot melt, cap applicator unit and cardboard packer.
- Perform operator quality checks as per procedure and Operator Manual.
- Prepare packaging material according to the daily production plan, and all supporting materials to ensure a good quality product.
- Prepare and control UHT Processing Plant, intermediate storage, filling equipment and associated compliance documentation.
- Preparation and operating of the Filmatic Fillers & Tetrapak TR28 Filling machines.
- Inspect machinery and equipment before start-up and report malfunctions to Engineering department.
- Perform root cause analysis on breakdowns and take corrective action and inform Team Leader Packaging and/or Engineering department & complete NCR’s.
- Perform operator quality checks and maintain quality standards during production
- Keep record of maintenance schedules and machine care.
- Adhere to good manufacturing practices, Health & Safety Standards, company policy and procedures and Operating Manuals.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Written Communication
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Numerical Skills
- Decision-making skills
Closing Date: Tuesday, 20 October 2022