PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Lead and manage the technical team by ensuring repairs and maintenance of fleet machinery and vessels are done. Supervise the performance of contractors and projects in fleet technical department.
- Optimize vessel utilization.
- Be pro-active in the maintenance of vessels to ensure maximum technical efficiency of vessels performance.
- Check that the vessels are operated within technical parameters.
- Supervise ship workman quality of external contractors and internal workforce on board vessels.
- Supervise that preventative maintenance and planned maintenance are executed as per plan.
- Coordinate fleet technical areas.
- Supervise all contractors sourced for Fleet projects.
- Staff Management.
- Control Expenses within Budget.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 (Math’s & Science)
- Qualified Artisan – Trade diploma / N6 / T3 / S4
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience in preventative and critical maintenance on board vessels.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Be Authentic
- Cause Alignment
- Deliver Extraordinary Results
- I Lead Growth
- Inspire innovation
- Live the Values
- Take Bold Stands
Closing Date: 14 October 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: