As a Systems Analyst, the successful incumbent will provide oversight and ensure management and maintenance of the District Health Information Software (DHIS2) for COVID-19 vaccination. He/she will report directly to the Control Health Programme Officer while maintaining close communication and coordination with the head of the division.
Key Focus Areas:
- Manage different Health Information System (HIS) platforms such as DHIS2 and OpenMRS.
- Expertise in writing queries and creating tables using Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) is essential (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Ability to analyse systems and resolve issues for Information Systems development.
- Provide support in the formulation and development of national policies, strategies, Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines on health information systems relating to COVID-19.
- Perform routine data quality assurance of all COViD-19 and vaccine related data.
- Conducts regular data analysis of COVID-19 surveillance and vaccine related data to monitor trends and identify early warnings for potential disease outbreaks.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly COVID-19 and vaccine data reports and disseminate to stakeholders.
- Provide trainings to personnel on COVID-19 surveillance and vaccine tracker tools and the DHIS2 system.
- Provide day to day technical support to end-users on all existing HIS platforms.
- Network monitoring, application, and use.
- Run regular backups on all DHIS2 platforms
- Work with key stakeholders to align, harmonise and facilitate the systems integration process.
- Act as an industrial mentor to students assigned to the HIS division for internship purposes.
- Participate in the development and review of departmental operational plans, budgets, and progress reports on COVID-19.
- Track new developments in program guidelines and implement those changes in the data reporting system accordingly
- Perform any other related duties which may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems/ Systems Administration/Software Engineering or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification.
- 2 – 3 years relevant work experience in Information Systems with demonstrated knowledge in managing large amounts of data as an advantage.
- Knowledge of Database management (Should understand different methods of data storage, validation, and extraction).
- Strong knowledge of implementation and maintenance of DHIS2 within the Healthcare sector or strong knowledge on managing Information Systems.
- Capacity to perform data analysis and produce high-quality briefs and detailed analytical reports.
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), DHIS 2, OpenMRS or any related Information Systems.
- Experience in system end user training and support.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others.
- Ability to work independently and in diverse teams.
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organise and prioritise workload.
- Ability to always maintain professional confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel whenever necessary.
- Experience in a Non-Governmental or Donor funded project is an added advantage.
- Experience in Project/program management is desired.
Closing Date: 07 April 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
– Only electronic applications and CVs submitted via the Potentia website will be accepted. All suitably qualified Namibians are encouraged to apply. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date. Please note that our partner reserves the right to only employ individuals who fall within their retirement age guidelines and policies. Our client also reserves the right not to make any employment offer or appointment.
Leave A Comment