PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for effective distribution, route planning & daily dispatching according to preferred delivery days and balanced between customer requirements and efficient distribution costing in order to provide optimal customer service and satisfaction.
KEY JOB OUTPUTS:
- Execute Delivery schedule & Utilization report.
- Conduct daily distribution planning using the PTV system.
- Understand the warehouse process to ensure a smooth loading process.
- Manage on time exception i.e. harsh breaking, acceleration, speeding etc.
- Identify exceptions outside of required standards by physically monitoring the system.
- Report functional defects on Distribution (PTV) system.
- Retrieve tracking units in case of asset disposal i.e. having to sell/get rid of a vehicle/truck.
- Arrange System installation maintenance with new assets.
- Provide daily reports using DRM (Route Management System).
- Conduct monthly call over with supplier with regards to Distribution systems
- Update and maintain vehicle tracking systems.
- Conduct proper tracking and management of tracking system to ensure there is a positive effect on asset lifespan.
- Communicate with sales team with regards to truck utilization/delivery times/customer demand.
- Communicate with driver to ensure fast turnaround time and status.
- Manage the Driver Data System in such that there is consistent monitoring of truck capacity/capability, driver routes and scheduled trips, driver availability etc.
- Implement initiatives that will drive optimisation of second loads
- Gain customer location knowledge to plot on PTV system for optimal route planning.
- Responsible for proper truck utilization, to ensure all stock is loaded to ease warehouse space.
- Help to prevent loss of sale by ensuring that full returns are prioritized and delivered the next day.
- Responsible for proper monitoring and management of tracking system to have a positive effect on asset lifespan.
- Implement, manage and improve all processes and procedures for the Demand Chain Management operations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- 1 – 3 year Diploma in Transport & Logistics Management with 3 – 5 years’ working experience in distribution.
- Customer focus
- Meeting management
- Facilitation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organising
- Numerical skills
Closing Date: 04 March 2022
Leave A Comment