- Tends equipment to mix ingredients that produce syrups.
- Determines amounts of ingredients, such as sugar, water, and flavoring, required for specified quantity of syrup of designated specific gravity, using sugar concentration and dilution charts.
- Opens valve to admit liquid sugar and water into mixer, or dumps crystalline sugar into mixer and admits water.
- Adds flavoring ingredients and starts mixer to make syrup.
- Opens valve to admit steam into jacket of mixer to invert sugar, eliminate air, and sterilize syrup.
- Tests syrup for sugar content, using hydrometer or refractometer.
- May filter syrup to remove impurities and be designated Syrup Filterer.
- Grade 12
- Forklift license
- Must be literate
- Working Shifts/Weekends
- Syrup making experience (will be an advantage)
Please submit your curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications with a cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for to e-mail: