Job Title: Sustainable Agric Officer – Training & Multipliers
Job Grading: D1
Location: Windhoek, Namibia
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor Sustainable Agriculture (STASA)
Supervises: Trainees & Interns
A. Overall Objective
The Sustainable Agric Officer – Training & Multipliers is responsible for coordinating the Multiplier Support Program under the Knowledge Hub for Organic Agriculture in Southern Africa (KHSA) as well as other training activities within the Agriculture Department of NNF. He/She works closely with the Sustainable Agriculture Officer on monitoring and evaluation requirements and reports to the STASA.
B. Key duties and responsibilities:
C. Desired Qualifications and Experience
This position requires:
• A university degree in Agriculture or related fields;
• At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position;
• Knowledge of Namibia’s agricultural sector, stakeholders and appropriate sustainable agriculture practises;
D. Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Flexibility and willingness to travel when required;
• Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organisational skills in English;
• Ability to produce well-written, accurate and high-quality reports;
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (Microsoft Suite), Online Communication Tools and Social Media;
• Ability to motivate and work with team members which are dispersed across the country;
• Must have strong initiative and ability to work independently;
• Ability to implement and manage projects according to the required outputs;
• Ability to interact effectively with different stakeholders
• Capacity and willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed;
• Commitment to deliver professional work of high quality
• Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a 4×4 vehicle;
• Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to the aims and objectives of the NNF
Your application must be addressed to the appropriate person and submitted no later than 17:00 on Monday the 17th of January 2022.
submit to email@example.com, you must title your email in the subject line – Sustainable Agriculture Officer 2022
Your application should consist of a motivation letter of no more than 2 pages outlining why you are the person for the job and also contain a concise CV.
Other documents may be requested at the shortlisting stage.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For candidate dropping their applications physically, ensure that you have placed your application documents into the right application box at the NNF Head Office in Windhoek.
Please note that physical applications will only be received in normal working hours from 10th of January 2022 up to the 17th of January 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY INVALIDATE YOUR APPLICATION
Queries to Jessica Nowotes HR & Admin Manager Jessica@nnf.org.na