PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: :
To provide a safe environment for all guests and employees by using surveillance system to observe and deter potential problems along with providing assistance to all operations of the Strand Hotel. Monitor closed circuit video system, observe and record activities of any suspicious activities, cashier cage, vault, count room, and other areas to identify cheating, stealing, embezzlement or other potential problems. Prepare reports and maintain proper files of all incidents or unusual occurrences. Maintain a high level of security and confidentiality.
Key Performance Areas:
- CCTV operators will be responsible for operating and maintaining surveillance equipment.
- Watching both live and recorded video surveillance footage.
- Reporting incidents or suspicious behavior and contacting the authorities when necessary.
- CCTV Operators will need to correctly catalogue all footage so that it can be easily recalled at a later time
- Operators must make sure that all the money counted on the daily basis is being collected by the Authorised Cash In Transit for the Banking Purposes.
- Conduct the Health & Safety Inspection as directed by Management.
- Ensure that defective equipment is timeously reported.
- Assist in investigations.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12
- A qualification in Surveillance will be added advantage.
- 1-2 years practical experience in surveillance preferably.
- Police conduct certificate.