Sperrgebiet Diamond Mining (Pty) Ltd, a 100% Namibian-owned Company. We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive remuneration packages, relative to the successful candidate’s skill level and experience. We want to invite suitably qualified and committed candidates to apply for the position for our operation near Lüderitz.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Show extensive, strong, and effective experience in staff management
- Instill World Best supply chain operating practices in the respective supply chain sections
- Identifying and effecting supply chain-related cost-saving initiatives, whilst having regard for acceptable service levels
- Oversee the efficient operations of the procurement and stores sections
- Overseeing the inbound logistics requirements for the company
- Being responsible for the management of supply chain contracts and having an efficient vendor rating system
- Inventory Control and Management
- Fulfill a role of the Tender Committee
- Taking ownership of by developing and maintaining effective policies and procedures of the supply chain section
- Identifying and taking action steps in order to enhance efficiency in the Section and to effect savings and/or contain losses
- A recognized tertiary qualification in the Commercial or Logistics field.
- Minimum 8 years experience in Supply Chain with at least 4 years in a management position
- Experience in the Mining industry will be beneficial
- Knowledge of integrated ERP systems
- Being familiar with internal controls, policies, and procedures applicable in a supply chain department
- Proven history in delivering cost-saving initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with leadership and empowerment qualities
- Service orientated with a drive for delivering excellent results.