PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: :
The role of the Maintenance Supervisor is to control and measure the outputs of the maintenance and gardens team. Must be able to allocate work to specific individuals and ensure that work allocated is carried out within time and budget and to a high standard. The maintenance supervisor will also be responsible for ensuring that there is sufficient stock of maintenance consumables available to carry out day to day repairs on physical plant, and control the stock of these consumables. He/she will also be responsible for completing all work which is directly related to his/her specific discipline.
Key Performance Areas:
- Takes over the duties of the Repair and Maintenance Manager in his absence
- Complies and undertakes the preventative maintenance schedule and ensures that all plant and machinery in maintained accordance with the schedule
- Monitors the level and quality of services performed by outsider contractors in accordance with all lease agreements, service contracts and warranties.( SLA)
- Maintain, repair and replace electrical equipment, such as lights, distribution board equipment, tower lights and electric motors
- Ensure that all reported items are repaired within the appraisal time frame.
- Complies with the maintenance departmental budget and controls expenditure against budget
- Provides the Repairs and Maintenance Manager with relevant information , pertaining to possible cost saving initiatives and areas of uncontrolled wastage
- Responsible for all health and safety matters within areas of direct responsibility
- Maintains safety records as required as required by the relevant Namibian laws and regularly checks that all emergency equipment is in working order
Requirements and experience:
- N3 Trade Qualification in Electrical Maintenance.
- 5 -8 years practical maintenance experience in a hotel\catering operations environment
- At least two years Supervisory Experience
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, building, carpentry, electrical reticulation and refrigeration.
- Practical maintenance experience in a hotel/ catering operations environment will be an added advantage.
Leave A Comment