PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To coordinate and ensure the effective running of all Fleet Technical Department and Fleet workshops for a high level of technical efficiency
- Manage, Organise, and control an efficient engineering workshop including the management of Technicians and Contractors.
- Manage, Plan, Control and Organize the planned preventative and corrective mechanical maintenance on all fleet and other equipment in order to maximise their lifespan and ensure safety.
- Prepare materials specification and order from stock or suppliers ensuring best price and delivery in accordance with the Hangana Seafood and Group Procurement procedures.
- Be pro-active in the maintenance to ensure maximum technical efficiency of vessels performance.
- Provide support and advice to procurement on vessel equipment purchase where applicable and manage the disposal or sale of vessel/equipment which is deemed surplus to requirements.
- Develop an environmental strategy for the workshop, to include waste management, recycling, and reuse of oil.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified Artisan, with N6 / T3 / S4 Diploma.
- Minimum of 6 years in-depth post qualification, experience in plant maintenance and workshop practice, with minimum of 4 years’ experience at senior level.
- Experience with regard to vessel manning as per DMA requirements will be an advantage.
- Experience in a 2nd Trade (Diesel Mechanic or Mill Wright) will be an added advantage.
- Valid Code BE driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail
- Planning and Organizing
- Decision-making skills