An exciting opportunity exists for a Superintendent Asset Management reporting to the Manager Engineering. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage and oversee the life cycle of the asset from its design up to the point of disposal, ensuring asset management governance is implemented and enforced in the organisation from the point of design, correct equipment is procured, operate within its design, optimised, maintained correctly and finally disposed.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining HSE standards.
- Supervising and ensuring that subordinates complete their tasks according to set plans, defines clear priorities to ensure production continuity.
- Ensuring that long term and short-term maintenance plans are current and up to date including the asset tree, BOMS and master data.
- Ensuring planning and scheduling is done proactively and maintenance plans are focused on delivered equipment performance and reliability and need be amended to improve equipment performance and production.
- Ensuring asset optimisation and operation through operating for reliability, optimisation of maintenance plans through condition-based maintenance.
- Planning for critical and major production assets to be disposed at the end of their life by planning for their replacement through Capex and in the maintenance budget.
- Preparing and maintaining an Asset Integrity assessment for the mine and drives it to a fully working system where site risks is highlighted, reported to management.
- Facilitating audits on the asset integrity system and ensure critical risk actions are managed and closed in due time.
- Driving the Defects Elimination process through ensuring the analysis process of work management is followed through on a daily weekly and monthly basis.
- Actively promoting company-wide standardization of operating procedures, forms, maintenance terminology and reporting formats to ensure assets are designed, procured, operated, optimised, maintained and disposed of correctly.
- Ensuring the improvement of reliability of equipment, improvement of quality of workmanship and to increase the uptime for production purposes.
- Operates cost effectively and optimizing resource utilization.
- Preparing an annual operational-level maintenance budget.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 certificate.
- A recognized Bachelor / BEng / BTech degree in Mechanical /Mechatronic / Electrical Engineering (NQF Level 7/8) with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in a cross functional heavy industry/Plant maintenance/Asset management/Mining Maintenance environment of which three (3) years should have been on a supervisory/specialist level, OR
- A recognized National Engineering Diploma (NQF Level 6) with a minimum of ten (10) years working experience in a cross functional heavy industry/Plant maintenance/Asset management/Mining Maintenance environment of which three (3) years should have been on a supervisory/specialist level).
- Qualifications in Project management, Asset Management, Asset Reliability and Condition Monitoring would be an added advantage.
- General understanding of Mechanical and Electrical equipment within a Heavy mining or plant or industry environment. Sound understanding of asset management strategies and maintenance practices with exceptional skills in SAP and the module Manage Physical Assets.
- A valid Code B driver’s licence.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- High level technical knowledge of mining and processing equipment.
- Good Computer skills (AutoCAD, Excel, Microsoft Office, MS Projects, SAP and Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS).
- Statutory Testing knowledge of Mining Equipment skills.
- Employee compliance responsibilities and compliance training.
Closing Date: 27 May 2022
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please take note the recruitment process includes the completion of psychometric leadership assessments which will form part of the selection process.
Leave A Comment