PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage the overall operations of the store by applying sound business principles & service excellence to customers and consumers to support profitability of the store.
- Maximize sales turnover and gross profit through best practices.
- Minimize cost/ expenses and stock losses (shortages) through effective utilization of staff.
- Accountable for the achievement of monthly budgeted targets.
- Maximize Gross Profit’s through effective buy-ins.
- Implement innovative business ideas that result into breakthrough targets.
- Monitor and promote operational and service standards constantly by practicing PnP Service Qualities.
- Attend to customers and their complaints.
- Build and maintain sound relationships with all internal and external stakeholders – partnership.
- Maintain stores specific product ranges and product quality as per QDVP4 standards.
- Accountable for stock rotation according to FIFO method.
- See to it that no damaged or expired products are stocked.
- Manage stock levels and dormant stock.
- Manage stock holding days by utilizing roster order.
- Oversee and manage all administrative duties of the store to ensure that they are completed within time limits and within company procedures.
- Oversee the scheduling and planning of staff working hours for the week and approve weekly schedules.
- Control store wages through appropriately monitoring and approving overtime and hours worked by staff.
- Run an inspection on the floor – Mule train.
- Perform day end functions after cashiers are done.
- Manage the housekeeping of the store and adherence to Food safety audit standards.
- Enforce compliance of the Health & Safety policy to all staff members and internal visitors.
- Conduct health and safety inspections daily and report monthly to Regional Manager and Support Office.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A recognized Grade 12 Certificate and a minimum of 8 years’ retail experience of which 5 must be at management level.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration / Management or Retail Management, or equivalent and at least 5 years retail managerial experience.
- Code B Driver’s License
- Supermarket experience will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of budgetary control
- Assertive communication
- Attention to detail
- Planning, organizing and analyzing skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong Customer Focus
Closing Date: 02 November 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
Leave A Comment