PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To receive, issue and store stock items ensuring uninterrupted flow of production by providing fast and courteous service to all internal customers by using capturing such stock on SAP ; comply in all respects with all applicable Company policies without qualification or evasion.
- Maintains accurate records of all stock collected and\or issued.
- Responsible for ensuring that all material in store is recorded on SAP and that they are captured correctly.
- Receive, store stock and work pieces/items from suppliers according to internal procedures.
- Manage stock rotation as per FIFO.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of critical stock items (welding consumables, gasses & PPE)
- Report daily stock losses or damages to procurement manager.
- Keep stock in the right order for smooth removal out of the Store.
- Perform periodic stock counts and tool counts.
- Prepare electronic stock requisitions.
- Prepare handwritten requisitions for non-stock items.
- Issue protective clothing for staff members & complete PPE forms.
- Issue stock for projects & capture requisitions on SAP.
- Assist other business units with day-to-day operations.
- Issue & receive tools and capture these on SAP tool system
- Must perform the Goods Receipt function in SAP
- Must manage the Tool System on SAP (In & Out)
- Check that all invoices and delivery notes are authorized before booked into SAP
- Assist with all stock counts
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12, with 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Code BE Driver’s License.
- Certificate in stock management/Supply chain management.
- Experience in engineering industry