Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Senior Technician: Network. The successful incumbent will provide an efficient and cost-effective network services and facilities for the planning, installation, commissioning, support, and maintenance of IM network equipment.
- Manages and ensures the technical availability of network operations to achieve optimal efficiencies of equipment.
- Planning and prioritising required work in consultation with the Network Specialist.
- Perform formal planning of planned maintenance tasks on a weekly basis.
- Executes equipment modifications through compiling operational requirements and ensure planning and coordinating of installations and commissioning of equipment.
- Proactively manages, identifies and requests required spares for repairs and installations.
- Monitors logged calls and resolve them and implements appropriate action, to ensure minimal delays.
- Partakes proactively in the planning, installation and commissioning of equipment and systems during vessel in-ports and projects.
- Maintains software backups of tables and configurations on key equipment and all relevant equipment requiring software downloads in the event of failure.
- Reviews and adheres to all internal and external (Group) policies and procedures, to maintain the required standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 (preferably with Mathematics and Science) with a relevant National Diploma in IT
- N+ (International certification) one-year diploma
- Code 8 Drivers License
- CCNA or Higher Cisco certifications
- MPLS certification or experience
- 4 years relevant network experience as a Network Technician
- Hands on exposure: Switches/Routers/Outdoor Wireless/Wi-Fi/Fiber and copper cabling and network devices/tools, network monitor software
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Computer applications – MS Office
- Information technology direction
- ITIL and COBIT
- Cisco Applications
- Project management
- Network design and typology
- Analysing, learning and researching
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY