Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Senior Technician. The successful incumbent will provide an efficient and cost-effective facility for the planning, installation, commissioning and maintenance of production equipment and to reliably deliver the right work.
The successful candidate will be required to spend a minimum of 28 days at sea followed by a maximum of 28 days ashore.
IN YOUR ROLE AS TECHNICIAN: SECURITY YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
• Manages and ensures the technical availability on-board the vessel to achieve optimal efficiencies on the following defined equipment and systems:
• Control and Instrumentation
• Communications and Navigation
• Security, IT, Survey & Positioning and Entertainment Systems
• Marine and Engineering Systems
• Sub-Sea Systems
• Recovery Systems
• Software Engineering
• Planning and prioritising required work in consultation with the chief engineering officer.
• Perform formal planning of planned maintenance tasks on a weekly basis.
• Executes equipment modifications by:
• Compiling ROC’s (Required Operational Capability);
• Integrating the design of new equipment into existing systems.
• Planning and coordinating the installation and commissioning activities.
• Conducting tests and trials of new equipment, evaluating results and submitting written reports.
• Proactively manages, identifies and requests required spares.
• Analyses equipment according to agreed standards and diagnoses faults and anomalies using specialised knowledge and skills to determine the nature of the problem.
• Determines and implements appropriate remedial action, to ensure minimal delay.
• Enhances circuits and equipment for improved efficiency.
• Maintains, installs, commissions and calibrates all equipment to comply with agreed standards.
• Partakes proactively in the planning, installation and commissioning of vessel in-ports and projects.
• Compiles onboard operating procedures and instructs users in their use.
• Advises users of availabilities and options on new equipment.
• Maintains all required documentation e.g. circuit diagrams, sequence tables, logic diagrams, making use of the appropriate software.
• Manages and executes the “Work Management” section of the Business Process Framework.
• Deciding what work will be completed by recommending and approving work within 24 hours that are appropriate, necessary and funded as per Operating Model principles in area of responsibility.
• Provides input as required by the AMO to specify all requirement for completing approved work as per the Operating Model principles.
• Provides input as required for the allocation of resources for all approved work to be completed at the right time by being part of vessel scheduling sessions as requested and supporting the CEO as per the Operating Model principles.
• Reviews relevant SAP reports to be able to track the delivery of requirements for every work package to be completed at the scheduled time as per Operating Model principles.
• Ensures that section complete all allocated work to specification at the right time by ensuring team is trained on the Work Management section of the Operating Model
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION
• Computer applications – MS Office Applications
• Automation and Information
• Control and Instrumentation systems and software
• Engineering and Technical appreciation
• SAP MM and PM Modules
• Operating Model Principles
• Leading, supervising and ability to work with people
• Deciding, initiating, persuading and influencing
• Fault finding and diagnostic skills
• Planning, organisIng, analysing and researching skills
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
• National Diploma (S4, T3 or N6) Electrical Engineering – Light Current or equivalent.
• Registerable as a Technician with ECSA or other recognized body.
• 5-7 years’ relevant experience in a process control / instrumentation environment, with supervisory exposure including 2 years in a marine mining environment.
• Experience working with covering the maintenance, fault finding and programming of PLC/SCADA/DCS control systems, Profibus DP networks and associated equipment; IT equipment and networks; field instrumentation, marine communication and navigation, diamond sorting machines and hydraulic control systems.
Interested applicants should send comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to: email@example.com In subject line please indicate position applying for.
For queries, please contact Daniel Ockhuizen on Tel: +264 61 2978000 Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act Women are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
No personal documents will be returned.
CLOSING DATE: 9 SEPTEMBER 2022