MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To implement and maintain all relevant standards, statutory and regulatory requirements for the continuous improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the Integrated Management System (IMS: Safety, Security, Health, Environment, Radiation and Quality).
Key Performance Areas:
- Coordinate, interpret and implement all relevant Safety, Security, Health, Environment, Radiation and Quality statutory requirements, regulations and standards.
- Review and provide guidance in terms of Standard Operating Procedures and other system requirements in consultation with the various departments, recommending improvement to existing procedures and standardizing forms used in preparation to and as a requirement for IMS certification.
- Implement, monitor and maintain the Company’s procedure control process.
- Develop and execute induction and training programs to promote awareness to Swakop Uranium employees on the IMS Standards and other existing policies and procedures of the company.
- Maintain and control system records and documents of the SSHER Department.
- Monitor the performance of the Management System and recommend changes to improve Safety, Security, Health, Environment, Radiation and Quality policy / strategy to facilitate compliance by all employees and contractors.
- Conduct internal audits, coordinate management review meetings and other monitoring measures to check the effective implementation of Safety, Security, Health, Environment, Radiation and Quality Management System and to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate comprehensive internal and external IMS risk assessments and controls to establish and recommend appropriate remedial action in collaboration with SSHER Department.
- Participate in quality related incident investigations, find the root cause and ensure corrective actions are addressed and implemented.
- Provide input in drawing up strategies and action plans to attain objectives and effectively implement the formulated corrective actions.
- Coordinate external audits including inter-mine environmental audits and peer audits.
- Draft reports pertaining to compliance to internal reporting requirements.
- Prepare the monthly and annual IMS reports as requested.
- Provide input into Sectional budget.
Requirements and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality/Safety/Health/Environmental Management or equivalent in a related field.
- 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in the mining industry will be an added advantage
- Project Management and Auditing experience.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.