Provide Mine Engineering and planning support to the underground operation to ensure optimal production and backfilling operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position will be based at the Otjikoto Mine [Namibia] and will report directly to the Technical Advisor & Mining Projects Manager.
- Manage the underground development and production contractors, ensuring that production, safety and quality targets are achieved
- Conduct conceptual mining expansion studies and lead approved projects to execution
- Conduct economic analyses and trade off studies of different schedules and operating scenarios
- Oversee and coordinate Short, Medium and Long Term Planning functions
- Manage underground production and construction related projects
- Oversee longhole stope designs, stope optimisation and blast ring designs, to ensure efficient and optimal reserve extraction
- Manage the underground mine planning database
- Analyse production data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Reconcile actual excavations with design, identifying deviations and enhancement initiatives
- Ensure compliance to all B2Gold Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures
- Grade 12
- Degree in Mining Engineering (B. Eng.) (NQF Level 7)
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a mine engineer in a mechanized hard-rock underground mine with at least 3 years supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge, expertise and understand of underground mining techniques, long hole open stoping and backfill
- Previous experience with long hole Open Stoping mining methods
- Experience with cemented rock fill will be an added advantage
- Valid Code BE driver’s license
- Excellent knowledge of mine design software: MineSight, Deswik, Vulcan, Mine 2-4d, EPS Scheduler, etc.
Closing Date: 23 February 2022