The role requires the incumbent to identify high-risk clients and mitigate credit risk, through facilitating the analysis and co-ordination of clients whom is experiencing financial distress. The aim is to ensure maximising the likelihood of the clients to continue in existence solvent basis and ensuring continued profitability for and, minimize loss to the Bank
Key Performance Areas (KPAs):
CREDIT POLICY AND STRATEGY:
- Assist in keeping the bank’s Credit Policy and Strategy implemented.
- Keep abreast with new developments and approaches with respect to Credit.
- Continuous implementation of the bank’s credit strategy according to the bank’s strategy and market needs and trends for financial distressed clients and similar activities.
SERVICE AND CONSULTING
- Overall responsible for the rendering of service to the clients and acting as advisory body related to clients in the assigned portfolio, which includes conducts client visits.
- Provide guidance to Business, Credit Managers and Clients with respect of clients in financial distress and to rehabilitation of clients.
- Ensure adherence to legislation and regulations.
MANAGEMENT OF PORTFOLIO AND AFTERCARE
Overall accountable for effective and efficient management portfolio of high-risk clients in financial distress on an ongoing basis and after care with respect of the corporate coach portfolio, including:
- ensure adherence to all applicable legislations and BON regulations.
- conducting due diligence analysis of clients falling under this portfolio and assessment of business.
- overall responsible for actively search for private equity to supplement and complement existing loans and facilities to add value and stability to financial distressed clients.
In the event that the financial distress client is unavoidable for legal actions, overall responsible for assessing accounts to ensure that all options are being addressed to limit losses for the bank to the minimum before accounts are transferred to legal collections department with all various stakeholders, through being:
- Overall responsible to assess accounts transferred to Legal Collections Branch in the allocated portfolio to ensure that all actions are considered to limit potential losses to the bank to the minimum.
- Overall responsible endeavour to increase the amount of collections to the maximum before transferring to legal collections branch.
MANAGEMENT OF REPORTS
- Exercise control over daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and ad-hoc reports, as identified.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT (within the Business Turnaround function)
- Oversees the implementation and management of people process management process within the Business Turnaround function;
- Ensures that complete and accurate human resource records for members of Business Turnaround team are in place and maintained;
- Conducts regular performance discussions and implements interventions to address performance gaps; and
- Ensure effective management and control of all routine administrative activities related to legal collection in the branch in compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure effective and efficient management and submission of admin related reports to relevant stakeholders.
COMPLIANCE, RISK AND SUPPORT
- Oversee the effective and efficient management and administration of internal processes and procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Bank’s risk framework to minimise risk.
- Collaborate with other relevant internal stakeholders such as risk department, internal auditing in managing all risks related stakeholders.
- Provide support and guidance to various stakeholders such as branches, clients, etc. on risk matters related to Business Turnaround.
- To serve a member on the Board Credit Committee
- Debt Restructuring committee
- Leading and Supervising
- Adhering to principles & values
- Relating and Networking
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
Experience/Knowledge & Skills:
- 15 years’ experience in Credit and Market risk environment
- 7 years’ experience in a turnaround and restructuring environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a legal environment
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s licence
- Must have knowledge of the different regions within Namibia
- Analytical and technical skills
- Product knowledge
- Knowledge of business rescue and turnaround in an international context
- Knowledge of the legal collection service and legal processes in the Bank as well as those applicable laws
- Debt collection experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Risk/Legal (B.Com or similar) Hons or Master’s degree will be an advantage
- CFA or related and / or LLB or related will be an advantage
- Relevant restructuring qualification beneficial (CTP etc.)
Closing Date: 07 October 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: