The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for the management of Accounts receivable and Accounts Payable functions within NIPAM. Ensuring that duties concerning accounts receivable and payable are carried out in accordance with relevant policies within the Finance and Administration Department. The role is also responsible for Debt Collection and Revenue Recognition. Improving invoicing accuracy, and creditor’s reconciliations thus increasing revenue collection and reducing debt levels. Enforcing the debt collections policy. Prudent budgeting and cost control and monitoring. Ensuring that all the Trial Balance Accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis. Staff supervision reporting to the position.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Accounts Payable
- Cash Management
- Financial Administration
- Management Accounts
- Fixed Assets
- Accounts Receivable
- Process Mapping and Workflows
- Staff Supervision
- Personal effectiveness and competency development
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Honours Degree in Finance / Accounting or related qualification
- NQF Level 8
- 6 years relevant experience of which 3 years should be in on a supervisory position.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS / LICENSES
- Working knowledge of financial systems such as AccPac and/or Pastel
- Completion of articles with a registered Audit/Accounting Firm or equivalent qualifications will be an added advantage.
Applications should include a Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of qualifications and Identification document or passport. Applications should be emailed to:
Closing Date: 31 March 2022
– NIPAM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from designated groups e.g. women and persons with disabilities, in particular, in terms of the Affirmative Action (Employment) (Act No. 29 of 1998).
Leave A Comment