Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Senior Crawler Pilot. The primary purpose of the job is to supervise all crawler mining operations and related activities in the fleet to ensure optimum availability and utilization of equipment and manpower.
The incumbent will be deployed on a 28 day on 28 day off work schedule and will be required to undertake the following activities:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Monitoring weather and heave conditions in relation to vessel movement and crawler position to optimizes the movement of the vessel and crawler at all times, ensuring safe operation.
- Trains all Trainee Crawler Pilots in the methods and techniques of achieving efficiency and effectiveness of crawler mining through daily on-the-job training.
- Monitors the progress of the ore extraction and adjusts the crawler parameters to suit seabed conditions by controlling mining parameters including dredge motor settings, boom tip pressures/ torque settings, slew speeds, boom height & crawler heading/ position in lane when tracking in relation to the mining face
- Carries out mining in the quickest, safest and most economical way possible by modifying crawler operating parameters related to the mining area geology.
- Efficient and safe launch/ recovery of the crawler by monitoring prevailing weather and ensuring personnel are at the launch & recovery stations before mining stops or the launch begins.
- Responsible for maintenance on the process line through the crawler (i.e. nozzle to riser swivel including volute & impeller) and riser string to ball joint.
- Checks that operating parameters and relevant data is captured in the dive log during mining operations.
- Recognises the areas where improvement and systems’ developments are required and implements these.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 Maths and Science / N3
- National Vocational Diploma in Fitter/Instrumentation /or Electrical
- 3 years post trade experience
- 2 years Crawler Pilot experience
- Two years R.O.V. experience in an offshore environment will be an added advantage
- Successful completion of the DBMN In-house Geology Course will be an added advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Computer applications – MS Office Application
- Aptitude for mechanical / hydraulic appreciation
- Liaison and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Work independently
- Planning and organising skills
- Good written and verbal communication in English
Leave A Comment