The primary role of this position will be to provide an efficient and cost-effective facility for the planning installation, commissioning and maintenance of production equipment.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Managing and ensuring the technical availability on-board the vessel to achieve optimal efficiencies of defined equipment and systems.
- Planning and prioritizing required work in consultation with the Chief Engineer.
- Analyzing equipment according to agreed standards and diagnosing faults and anomalies using specialized knowledge and skills.
- Enhancing circuits and equipment for improved efficiency.
- Installing, commissioning and calibrating all equipment to comply with agreed standards.
- Compiles on board operating procedures and instructs users on their use.
- Maintaining all required documentation, e.g. circuit diagrams, sequence tables, logic diagrams, by making use of the appropriate software.
- Implementing new knowledge/information by keeping abreast of developments.
- Maintaining software backups of the control system and relevant equipment.
- Proactively partake in planning, installation and commissioning of vessel in-port projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- National Diploma (S4, T3 or N6) in Electrical Engineering – Light Current or equivalent.
- Registerable as a Technician with ECSA or other recognised body.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a process control / instrumentation environment, with supervisory exposure including 2 years in a marine mining environment.
- Experience working with the maintenance, fault finding and programming of PLC/SCADA/DCS control systems, Profibus DP networks and associated equipment; IT equipment and networks; field instrumentation, marine communication and navigation, diamond sorting machines and hydraulic control systems.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical skills
- Leading and supervising
- Highly motivated, energy and drive
- Engineering and technical appreciation
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
Closing Date: 31 March 2022
The company ONLY accept application sent through their career portal. Interested candidates can apply through the link below (You will be required to create an account an upload all your documents):
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.