PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To co-ordinate and administer various functions within the Finance Department relating to the calculation of VAT, Withholding Tax and Tax on Royalties and all other related duties to maintain the company’s financial security by following internal controls and recommend relevant financial actions to be taken.
- Technical reviews of all VAT report on a monthly basis to guarantee zero rejections and penalties.
- Timeous lodgement of all VAT and WHT / Tax on Royalty and PAYE returns to ensure zero penalties
- Keep updated on any change in VAT legislation and adherence thereof
- Prepare quarterly report for Bank of Namibia
- Assist with VAT Audits when necessary
- Oversee the processing and payment of suppliers invoices and ensuring payments are made on time without any duplications
- Authorise payments by verifying documents and requesting disbursements
- Manage review process of GRIR Credit reconciliations and Creditors Ageing
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls and recommend financial actions when reviewing and monitoring the above.
- Oversee the processing and collection of debtor’s invoices and ensuring collections are made on time.
- Routine communication with Management and Business Partners relating to financial close
- Prepare journal entries related to general ledger accounting and analysis of assigned functional areas
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations
- Complete Annual Financial Statements assigned by Manager: Finance.
- Provide training, development, and performance coaching to subordinates.
- Prepare weekly cash flow and forecast.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Financial Accounting or equivalent..
- 5-6 years’ experience in Financial Accounting.
- Experience in an engineering environment.
Closing Date: 28 September 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
Leave A Comment