Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a shore-based Security Officer: Oranjemund Log Base. The incumbent’s primary role will be to ensure effective access control at the Logistics with the aim to prevent / detect / theft of diamonds and / or theft / misappropriation of Company property. The position is based in Oranjemund.
IN YOUR ROLE AS SECURITY OFFICER, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Apply company procedures correctly governing the handling of people and baggage reporting to the Logistics Base.
- Ensure Scannex entrance, X-ray booth/lane and search room are cleared on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all searches are carried out according to legal requirements and best practices and with due regard to decency.
- Check that documentation relating to removal of items from the vessels are in order
- Ensure quality of scans by operating the scannex system, ensuring correct positioning of the individual and activating the scan.
- Seal all the electrical equipment according to company procedure prior to it being dispatched to the vessels.
- Search helicopter prior to take-off and after last flight as well as park homes in the security restricted area for any contraband, reports incidents / findings to the Senior Security Officer
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Strong communication skills
- Be an effective team player
- Knowledge / experience in conducting investigation tasks
- Self-management / planning
- Excellent judgement skills
- Computer literacy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 plus a certificate in Security/Police Management/ Risk Management or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant professional accredited security training attended, will be an added advantage i.e. accredited with NTA/NQA/SAQA
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience as Security Officer/relevant Risk Officer or equivalent position in a professional security environment e.g. including CCTV and Asset Protection.
- Experience working in the Security Section in Namibia GOC (NDTC, NAMDEB, Debmarine Namibia) will be an added advantage
- Successful completion of the Debmarine Namibia Security Development Programme will be an added advantage.
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to:
In the subject line please indicate position applying for.
Closing Date: 14 October 2022
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.
IM INRESTED BUT ONLY NOW THE POST SEEN”CAN I APLLY
Interested, more than 10 years experience,and loose control certificate,20 points and E in English