Lepidico Chemicals Namibia (PTY) LTD, is majority owned by Lepidico Limited (Lepidico), which is a lithium exploration \nd development company focused on unlocking the value of hard rock lithium-rich mica depositis. Lepidico is Listed on the Australian Security Exchange. Lepidico head office is in Perth, Western Australia and corporate office is in Toronto, Cananda
Lepidico’s strategy objective is to become a vertically intergrated sustainable lithium business from mine to battery litium chemical production through the small-sacale Phase 1 project development. Lepidico Chemical Namibia strive to be an equal opportunity employer in the Namibian mining industry, and a suitable partner to its stakeholders. By converting one of the well-known lithium resources, at one of the oldest mine in Namibia known as Rubicon and Helikon Mine to a flagship modern mine. Lepidico Chemical Namibia is managing the Karibib project which is in the process of building a world class mining operation with a state-of-the-art concentrator, close to Karibib town in Erongo Region.
The principal responsibility of the role is for the development, coordination and promotion of emergency service operations and security management programs, systems and activities, to promote preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery for the mining site.
The intent is for the incumbent to transition the project from construction to the operational phase. The role is based on site at Karibib.
Reporting to the Occupational Health and Safety Superintendent, this is a specialist position, in a new team involved in developing a new operation and intergrated business from the ground up
The Security and Emergency Officer is responsible for:
- Establish and maintain a methodology that supports strategic security intelligence and analysis, which contributes to the sustainability and “license to operate” of current and planned operations of the operation /mine.
- Compile and oversee the successful implementation of the Security Framework at the site.
- Foster due diligence and good governance practices within the Security team including the effective use of management systems to monitor compliance to Global Security direction and policies.
- Formulate and implement policies and standards in support of negating security threat and associated risk and audit compliance to identify gaps to be addressed.
- Manage / oversee the service level agreement with Security Contractor to ensure compliance with the Mines and Minerals Act with regards to Security.
- Provide security services to the site including preventing and detecting signs of intrusion, ensuring security of doors, gates.
- Develop and implement the Emergency Response standards, guidelines, plans and protocols to address safe work procedures and to reduce /eliminate potential emergency situations and response readiness.
- Provide fire and emergency response training and awareness campaigns to reinforce change in behaviour and the importance of Safety.
- Develop, supervise and coach / mentor the security and emergency response teams.
- Inspect, service, recondition and repair / oversee the repair of all fire extinguishers, hose reels and hydrants to ensure continuous effectiveness of extinguishing products.
- Assist with annual budget process and monitor and control section specific costs
- Facilitate and conduct internal security and emergency response audits and drills.
- Maintain a statistical reporting and recordkeeping system for storage and controlling purposes.
- Promote a culture of safety within the area of work.
- General duties and tasks as may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Security / Risk Management or Fire Technology
- Firefighter 2 Certification
- A minimum of 5 years experience in fire or emergency services and management capacity, 2 years of which must include supervisory and administrative expereince
- 1 to 2 Years security and risk management.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles, emergency program management and security management in high-risk environments.
- Excellent report writing skills together with a high degree of computer literacy and experience in the MS Office Suite of program
- Code BE driver’s license.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- The flexibility to make quick decisions as emergencies change and develop
Lepidico Chemicals Namibia offers market related remuneration packages commensurate with expereince and qualification. Persons from designated groups are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should forward their resumes and relevant, recently certified documents to:
Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; should you not receive feedback after two weeks of the closing date, please take note that your application was unsuccessful.
Leave A Comment