The primary function of this position is to provide administrative and secretarial support services to the General Manager: Research, Science, Technology & Innovation Coordination and Support, in order to contribute towards the smooth running of the department. To promote professional internal and external communication.
- Arrange appointments, sets up meetings for the General Manager/Managers, and acquires information with regard to the meeting or appointment to ensure that the manager is well prepared.
- Arrange and facilitate the necessary travel arrangements for the General Manager/Managers as well as Commissioner.
- Respond to correspondence on the instruction of the relevant manager
- Responsible for typing memos, letters, minutes and other documents on instruction of General Managers/ Managers
- Liaise with staff and public with regard to the General Manager/Managers’ office on own initiative when required or on request of the immediate superior.
- Schedule daily activities in consultation with the General Managers/ Managers
- Scrutinise emails, acknowledges receipt, and responds if possible, or refers complex matters to the relevant person within the department.
- Attend to general secretarial/office administration duties such as photocopying, sending faxes, answering telephone and relaying of messages.
- Maintain and update filing system
- Assist other departments in organising events and also participates in events and awareness campaigns
- Assist in HR administration for the department.
- Prepares and compiles agendas and minutes of commission meetings.
- Send correspondence to commissioners and other parties as required.
- Prepare necessary documents to obtain approval for diarized events to proceed
- Source a suitable venue for each event.
- Provide administrative support prior and during events [registration, distribution of documentation, and handling of enquiries]
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Plus Relevant National Diploma NQF Level 6.
- At least Three (3) relevant experience in secretary and administration.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Must be very flexible, trustworthy, objective and have an independent mind-set.
- Intermediate computer literate skills (MS Office Package).
- Good written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity, numerical and a meticulous eye for detail
- Attentive to details.
- Excellent report writing and organizing ability.
- Must be assertive.
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a permanent position with an employment agreement.
- NCRST is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, with certified supporting documents can be submitted as follows:
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
– Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no documents will be returned.
– Previously disadvantaged candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.