Antler Gold Inc. (TSXV: ANTL) is a Canadian company, focused on the acquisition and exploration of gold projects in Namibia. Namibia is mining-friendly and lauded as one of the continent’s most politically and socially stable jurisdictions. Antler continues to evaluate new ground with a view to expanding its portfolio throughout Africa
We are looking for a young and energetic person to provide secretarial and administrative services to the Vice President (Corporate and Operational Development) and the Senior Geologists in Windhoek.
Job Description of the Administrator / Secretary:
Operational maintenance of Offices – internal and external
- Provided assistance with office set-up
- Plants; carpets
- Supervising office: cleaner, waste bins, electricity, remotes, keys, queries
- Official crockery and cutlery
- Office Alarm System
- Back-up drives
Provide Secretarial Functions
- Ensure timeous and professional communication as well as co-ordination of meetings, bookings, agendas, follow-up’s
- Communicate with company travel agent for arrangement of travel and accommodation bookings
- Type correspondence, diarise appointments, meetings
- Checking e-mails regularly during office hours – revert with immediate action / answers / follow-up
- Scanning, mailing, filing of documents
- Maintenance of official passports and visas; arrange for letters of invitation; new visa and passport applications.
- Liaison with public- and civil service sector
- Liaison with foreign embassies
Perform General Office Administration Functions:
- Manage the petty cash for all official purchases and expenses
- Provide administrative functions within the department such as:
- Stationery orders, business cards
- Electronic equipment orders i.e. laptops, e-mail addresses, cameras, gps’s and board room requirements
- Ordering and maintainting of travel medical kits and office medical kits
- Purchase of office equipment i.e. furniture, white boards
- Kitchen administration i.e. purchases of consumables, occasional lunch arrangements/food orders, office refreshments, cleaning detergents for maintenance
- Purchase of electricity for office
- Courier services for all official parcels
- Preparation of all expense claims and debit card statements
- Collect mail from company mail box, distribution
- Provide the update of record holding system (inventory)
- Assist with maintenance of company vehicle
- Maintain and update filing system electronically
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness at Antler’s office at all times.
- Act as chaperone when required
- Responsible for any general additional tasks related to and generally flowing from the above mentioned tasks and areas of responsibility as and when the need may arise.
- Diploma in office administration or other qualification
- Minimum of 1 year work experience – Ability to learn fast and grow with the Company
- Computer literate; Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Reader and other applications
- Extremely well-organised with problem solving skills.
- Bi-/Multilingual; Highly proficient in English (verbal and written)
- Basic mathematic and financial skills
- Above average communication and human relations skills are essential due to the daily contact with clients, shareholders, management an outside stakeholders.
- Work independently within given guidelines
- Work is allocated as required and prioritized by the incumbent
- The incumbent is required to take charge of the office during the absence of the Managers
- Absolute confidentiality is required of the incumbent, regarding all documentation worked with, information seen and recorded.
- Is a team player who is diligent in the execution of all responsibilities and duties and a leader in human relations.
- Fast learner
- Valid Namibian Drivers License
- Opportunity for self-development
- Company phone
If you think that you are a suitable candidate, apply by sending your CV to: