The primary function of this position is to Performs various biotechnological related lab tests to ensure compliance with biosafety requirements and promotes biotechnological research.
- Perform biotechnology testing.
- Maintain reference materials for use in the laboratory.
- Perform periodic maintenance of various equipment on a regular basis.
- Perform tests on food samples.
- Perform quality control testing and ensures quality insurance.
- Ensure adequate level of laboratory supplies and consumables.
- Store all equipment and materials properly and tidily away also taking into account health and safety considerations – i.e. a place for everything and everything in its place
- Record all test results on the appropriate documentation.
- File all documentation appropriately and stores documentation away securely.
- Initiate the procurement of materials and equipment as and when required.
- Gather data for compilation of results.
- Perform stock taking to inform procurement requirements.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc Degree (NQA Level 7) in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Food Technology or Microbiology.
- At least Three (3) years relevant working experience.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Knowledge of Biosafety Act, 2006, (Act no. 7, 2006) will be an added advantage.
- Must be well conversant in English with professional telephone etiquette and able to take initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner.
- Intermediate computer literate Skills (MS office package)
- Good written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administrative, planning and organizing ability.
- Attentive to details
- Sound reasoning skills and the ability to resolve complex problems.
- Must be assertive.
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a permanent position with an employment agreement.
- NCRST is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, with certified supporting documents can be submitted as follows:
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
– Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no documents will be returned.
– Previously disadvantaged candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.