PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To monitor, evaluate and report on the operational execution of action items related to safety and environmental management, as documented in the SHE plan; EMP; Fire management Plan and Emergency plan. To provide professional support to the business when required in the execution of the mentioned plans as well as compliance to relevant legislation..
- Support the organization with the implementation and maintenance of an effective operational safety management system in line with Group Standards and international best practice.
- Conduct inspections to ensure that safety operating procedures are being adhered to and that other components of the safety and environmental management system are entrenched within business practices.
- Conduct risk assessments if and when required.
- Conduct risk assessments on any new projects executed on site.
- Maintain legal appointments within the OpCo in line with the agreed framework.
- Conduct compliance reviews as per safety related CRMPs.
- Maintain and report on safety statistics at OpCo level.
- Ensure that safety related incident and investigation reports are completed and signed off by supervisors.
- Ensure that Ministry of Labour and the Group Health & Wellness department is informed of all incidents as specified in relevant requirements.
- Conduct regular testing of emergency preparedness.
- Liaise with line managers, supervisors and SLT regarding any safety and environmental matters which could have an influence on the ability of the organization to execute its business in a sustainable manner.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or Diploma in Safety Management / SAMTRAC.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a safety management field.
- Degree or Diploma in Emergency Management/Environmental Management will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with ISO 45001 Requirements.
- Professional knowledge in the safety field.
- Understanding of safety legislation in Namibia.