Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Safety Management System Administrator. The successful incumbent will provide a professional administrative service as part of the Safety / Loss Control team, by maintaining the safety data management systems (e.g. Isometrix) to ensure quality data as required for legal and other requirements compliance.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Maintains filing system for secure and efficient location to retrieve documents and information on request.
- Partakes and scribes during risk assessments workshops, SHE related meetings, and emergency situations, including emergency related drills.
- Records learnings and findings in SHE data management system, i.e. Isometrix.
- Coordinates safety training sessions and materials for planned training to ensure on time availability of training.
- Distributes new and reviewed safety standards, procedures and requirements to ensure alignment across the business.
- Compiles and reviews quarterly, monthly and weekly reports, safety performance dashboards and trend analyses of key metrics (incidents, actions, audits, root causes, energy releases, etc.) used by management teams to drive compliance.
- Maintains the Safety data management system (e.g. Isometrix) to ensure effective use and data integrity by:
- Creating user accounts for new employees
- Creating user accounts for contractors and other stakeholders
- Deactivating user accounts for users wo left the company
- Assisting users on closing out actions when necessary
- Adheres to and promotes Company policies and procedures relating to health, safety, security and environmental issues.
- Co-operates with colleagues to facilitate the achievement of Company objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 with an NQF 5 level qualification in Safety Management (e.g. Certificate in Safety Management and / or successful completion of first year towards Safety Management Diploma)
- 2 years’ experience on a fully functional SHE Management system
- Sea going experience working on DBMN vessels will be an added advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Administrative skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Adhering to principles & values
- Writing and Reporting
- Planning and Organising
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail