The incumbent will be responsible for revenue optimization, reservations, statistics analysis, and evaluation of resources necessary to maximize revenue per available room ( REVPAR). The position further ensures an effective and efficient reservation system that meets the brand promises to all our guests.
- Management of the rates manual on drop box/Intranet ensuring that rates are up to date at all times including updating on PMS/ORS
- Creating and timeous updating of rates sheets for all hotels and lodges and loading them onto ORS/PMS, the drop box and or Intranet.
- Ensure that all terms and conditions on rate sheet are in sync with our reservations and Yield Management goals and objectives.
- Ensure that rates are approved and signed off every year and records filed for future reference.
- Generating and analysing of statistics as requested by management, e.g. – 3 months forecast, rate/sales mix, top 20 suppliers, top 20 nationalities, block conversion reports, etc.
- Studying and analysing of trends in reservations and using that information to make decision for Yield management. (Lead time, wash down and pick factor per series, segment, block conversion trends/rate, forecast reports, and average length of stay), etc.
- Participate in strategic meeting involving budgets, planning, statistical analysis, pricing and price positioning, financial reviews, etc.
- Responsible for management of availability, rates and inventory in Opera.
- Supervising of the CRO team, ensuring that they work in accordance with set SOPS which special emphasis to attention to detail, speed, accuracy, courtesy profiles, processing of payments, good spoken and written communication, quality of presentation of all work, turnaround time, cut off dates/release periods as per terms and conditions (T&Cs)
- Participates in frequent business review meetings with the Sales Department to manage inventory and share the strategic objectives and goals.
- Be in touch with all day to day trends and Yield Management performance of the hotels- e.g. – know the occupancies/ARR/Revenue- actual, forecasted and budgeted and prior year.
- Drive the Revenue and Yield management agenda which focuses primarily in maximising revenue and occupancy during the high season for each hotel
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Hospitality Management or Travel & Tourism.
- 5 years working experience in Rooms Division or Yield Management/ Reservation Function
- A Front Office or Rooms Division background.
- Able to work proficiently on OPERA, OTS’s and online platforms
- Knowledge of Yield Management Programs e.g. Easy Yield.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Leadership skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Planning and Organising
- Analytical skills
- People management skills
- Strong customer service ethics