The purpose of this position is to ensure that the products produced in the Factory are of high quality and that the whole production process is in compliance with HACCAP standards.
- Quality Control Checks on the following items: Hygiene on employees and factory equipment, Hygiene on Ablution Blocks (inspections), Temperature, Packaging material, Raw Product, Final Product, Raw material – evaluation, Frozen Products, General and Date Checks, Spot Checks, Give on-the-job training.
- Check that the packaging material used are clean and not damaged or out of specifications.
- Report all deficiencies to the production supervisors for corrective action and take records thereof.
- Check that the product processed are as per product specifications.
- Check that the temperature on the product is as per set standard.
- Check the grading on the products.
- Check that the products are at the correct temperature.
- Also check the temperature levels in the: Chiller, Blast freezers and Cold Storage.
- Do tests on meat by checking its weight.
- Check the temperature level of the products and record the findings.
- Take samples from the finished product area for final test at the Lab before the product is released for the customer.
- Calculating average percentages.
- Compare results with limits.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc food science and technology/ Microbiology degree with 2 years’ experience in a factory environment preferably in the food/FMCG environment.
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Be Authentic
- Cause Alignment
- Take Bold Stands
- Deliver Extraordinary Results
- Live the Values
- I Lead Growth
- Inspire innovation