PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Maintains all quality related issues with regard to raw materials, products and systems in order to conform to market requirements.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all tests are done as per required time schedule for all shifts.
- Verifies all test results, correctness of special tests and Projects.
- Ensure that machines are calibrated as per laid down procedures to ensure a top quality product.
- Verifies the correctness of results on products and provides support with problems on all quality issues at other Plants/Departments/Customers (including any type of Organizations).
- Ensure conformity to standards and that top quality products are delivered.
- Ensure the functioning of QC according to the ISO system.
- Ensure adherence to all ISO standards and to provide advice and guidance as required.
- Plan required ISO audits, as per laid down standards.
- Compiles ISO related solutions (work instructions).
- Tests all raw materials and verifies quality.
- Ensure quality maintenance and safe storage.
- Ensure quality and writes required reports.
- Ensure smooth running of product in progress.
- Ensure that all final products fulfil all quality requirements.
- Ensure that Namib Mills adheres to best practices and that recommendations on changed methods are done timeously.
- Support all Corrective Actions and improvements where needed from QC and R&D point of view.
- To ensure that all quality issues are identified timeously and addressed appropriately.
- Develops outcomes for new problem matters. Reports rectification for future implementation.
- Develops and reports product research and development issues and projects.
- Supports with the managing of the ISO System.
- Contribute towards overall efficiencies by acting as committee member for AA Committee, Health and Safety Representation and others, which include external (eg. Representative or Supporting group).
- Contribute towards overall efficiencies by keeping up to date with national and international developments in QC field.
- Perform HACCP duties, assignments and commitments as described in HACCP appointment letter.
- Contribute towards overall efficiencies by performing requests when special projects are undertaken and provide timeous feedback to manager.
- Responsible for new employee enrolment and appointments in accordance with company standards and legislation.
- Interview staff for appointments and ensures that all relevant Human Resources processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Manage and lead the team.
- Initiating disciplinary inquiries, handling of grievances and the optimal output of all subordinates.
- Responsible for the performance targets and performance contracts of subordinates.
- Ensure high level of performance in the department.
- Prepare financial budget for the department.
- Managing and controlling of budget to ensure minimal variances.
- Accurate drafting and timeous submission of annual budgets.
- Reporting to the Head of Department on financials on a monthly basis.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor of Science / Food Science (NQF7) with 8 years relevant experience OR
- Relevant Diploma (NQF6) with 10 years relevant experience.
- Grade 12 (NQF 4).
- Computer literacy: Excel and Word
- A certain level of fitness would be an added advantage
- Namibian citizenship OR eligible to apply for Namibian citizenship
- 5 Years’ experience in quality control/research and development, customer relations experience
- 5 Years managerial experience
Namib Mills is an equal opportunity employer. The Company offers in return a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits which are market related..
CV’S WITH FULL DETAILS CAN BE FORWARDED TO: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (not larger than 2MB).
– Subject line for applications should be: NMOPSQC10062022– Quality Control Manager (Windhoek)
Only applications with this subject line will be considered
IT IS IMPERATIVE TO NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.