Location: Windhoek, NA
Company: Hartlief Continental Meat Products
Job Grade: D1
Department: HL Quality
Line Manager: Eduard Keys
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To lead, develop and implement the food safety and quality control programs of Hartlief Factory or Farmers Meat Market Mariental Abattoir to drive continuous production of products consistent with established standards in order to meet regulatory requirements and customers’ expectations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- A Degree in Food Science or Food Technology.
- 5-8 years of experience in a Quality, Food Safety, and Regulatory area in FMCG with 2 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in the meat industry will be an added advantage.
KEY JOB OUTPUTS:
- Implement Work Instructions, Procedures in line with the identified/implemented HACCP standards, FSSC 22000 and SABS standards and legal regulations.
- Maintain quality control function at HL complying with customer & external auditor standards.
- Lead, monitor, control and manage all food safety programs including but not limited to: HACCP, SSOP, FSSC 22000/Cleaning/Sanitation Verification, Bio Security/Bioterrorism Act, recalls/traceability, training, record keeping and verification.
- Monitor and control systems that are in place to make certain vendors are capable of meeting quality expectations.
- Verify and release new ingredients & recipes (physical, microbiological, sensory, nutrition) in compliance with products and processes specifications.
- Verify the quality of raw meat from receiving to processing and make recommendations to enhance its quality where necessary.
- Consolidate monthly reports on non-conformances, customer complaints/ trends and system and process shortcomings to Management.
- Analyze and report on all non-conforming products and processes as reported by the respective departments.
- Assure annual fitness Certificate Registration/renewal in terms of the General Health Regulations.
- Advise and guide management in addressing identified requirements from internal and external auditing bodies, with implementation of the corrective actions and improvements.
- Facilitate and ensure personal and subordinate training & development.
- Main and control the food safety documentation system.
- Lead, coach and develop teams.
Due Date: 31 October 2022