The incumbent will report to the Senior Engineer: Project Management Office (PMO) and be accountable for:
- Ensure all Legal, Health, Safety and Environment standards and policies are adhered to.
- Lead by example through compliance with the company purpose and values.
- Effective supervision, leading and development of Project Controls team members.
- Develop and manage project controls processes and procedures
- Prepare and manage Project Risk Management plans.
- Prepare, review, and approve procurement and tender documentation, including scopes of work and contractual terms and conditions.
- Evaluate and adjudicate received tender offers based on technical quality, execution requirements and cost efficiency
- Manage contractors, contracts, contractual disputes, and the preparation of contract variations.
- Prepare project budgetary forecasts, control projects costs within the budgetary constraints and prepare trend registers and analyses.
- Review and approve payment certificates and invoices.
- Manage the Project Change Management processes.
- Compile, monitor and control project plans and schedules.
- Prepare projects status reports to keep management fully informed with regards to scopes, costs, and schedules.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or B.Tech in an Engineering and the Built Environment field.
- A minimum of five years’ of experience in the Projects Control Management discipline within the construction or mining industry.
- Registration as a professional within the Project Management field.
- Proven experience in at least two of the Projects Control disciplines of Risk Management and Administration, Procurement, Contracts Preparation and Administration, Cost Control, Planning and Schedule Management, Quality Management and Documents Control.
- Experience in the Management of Projects Control Systems for projects exceeding a value of US$500,000.00.
- Experience in Smelters, Mills and Concentrators will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suites, with strong Excel skills).
- Code B Driver’s Licence.
All applications meeting the minimum requirements must be accompanied by a nonreturnable detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and identification documents (ID). Applications should clearly indicate the position being applied for and should be sent as one PDF attachment. Applications not adhering to these rules will not be considered.
Please forward applications to:
Human Resources Business Partner: Support Services
Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb
P.O. Box 936, Tsumeb
Closing Date: 28 April 2022
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
– Applicants, who are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, should consider their application unsuccessful.
– Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb is an Equal Opportunity Employer