PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The primary function of this post is to maintain, integrate and develop all Namib Mills’ systems, and software to fulfil the company’s growing needs. Main systems in use are Accpac, RMS and Meat Matrix running on Microsoft SQL. Testing both hardware and software systems and to find and resolve problems.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing objectives, input data and output requirements
- Liaising with colleagues such as systems analyst and designers.
- Confirming Program operations by conducting tests
- Presenting and testing system improvements, writing software and operating manuals.
- Ensure the highest uptime possible of services
- Liaising with managers and department heads to fulfil needs
- Assist the IT team where required, train new users where required
- Take ownership of the administration of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Escalating issues to proper channels, Manage projects and keep to deadlines.
- Perform any adhoc tasks required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (NQF4) with five (5) years’ relevant experience;
- Any experience on Microsoft SharePoint will be an advantage;
- Relevant programming, MS SQL & C# qualifications.
- Software development experience would be advantageous.
- Computer literate with a good mastering of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Project management would be advantageous.
- Proficient in written and spoken English and a valid Namibian drivers license
- Namibian citizen
Namib Mills is an equal opportunity employer. The Company offers in return; a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits which are market related. CVs with relevant supporting documents can be forwarded to email@example.com (not larger than 2MB).
Subject line for applications should be: NMF234567 – PROGRAMMER AND SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Only applications with this subject line will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted