PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Control and manage overall production and all related operations at Pasta Polana to achieve quality output.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure staff, materials and equipment are planned and utilised efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance interventions with production requirements, in collaboration with the Foreman: Workshop and Controller: Administration.
- Ensure breakdowns and equipment malfunctioning is attended to speedily by production and maintenance staff, assist where necessary.
- In collaboration with the Foreman Workshop, ensure general maintenance on building and equipment is done speedily.
- Problem identification and solving when staff is not able to and if necessary, stand in for personnel on leave
- Ensure staff availability according to production and other requirements.
- Assist in developing new products and setting up new production contracts.
- Ensure timeous submission of performance reports as required and ensure that performance is measured, monitored and corrective actions are taken where necessary.
- Assist Quality Assurance with the maintenance of the Quality management and Food Safety systems.
- Handle customer complaints and corrective actions as per the Quality Management System.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Ensure the department compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and attend disciplinary Hearings.
- Continuously assess and improve the efficiencies of the production plant and processes.
- Develop new and existing supervisory staff as well as continuously train staff where necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant degree (NQF 7) or relevant Diploma (NQF 6) with 2-3 years’ experience
- Valid Namibian driver’s License
- Computer literate with a good mastering of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Namibian citizen
- Must be willing and able to work shifts, weekends, call outs, overtime and public holidays
- Knowledge of ISO, HACCP and Health and Safety standards will be an advantage
CV’S WITH FULL DETAILS CAN BE FORWARDED TO: E-mail: email@example.com (not larger than 2MB)
Subject line for applications should be: NMPP0404 – PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR: PASTA
Only applications with this subject line will be considered.
IT IS IMPERATIVE TO NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.